From comforting soups to hearty mains, dive into a world of flavor with this carefully curated list of 35 amazing recipes using (homemade) chicken broth.
Perfect for lunch, dinner, or get-togethers!
Savory chicken broth is a kitchen staple not just for making amazing soups and stews. It can infuse many different types of dishes with a rich, deep flavor.
It's a go-to ingredient that can bring warmth and depth to countless meals. I hope you enjoy my compilation of recipes using chicken broth, showcasing how versatile and transformative it can be in your kitchen.
So, if you're curious to see what you can whip up with chicken broth, keep reading. You're in for some delicious surprises!
Homemade Versus Store-Bought Broth
Yes, store-bought chicken broth or stock can save you a lot of time.
However, here are a few reasons to convince you to make your own quality homemade broth and why it matters so much for any recipe you make.
- Flavor Depth: Homemade broth often has a richer, more genuine flavor. When you make it at home, you control the ingredients.
- Nutritional Value: Some store-bought broths skimp on actual chicken, relying more on flavorings, and might contain additives or high sodium levels. At home, it's just pure, straightforward goodness - no additives in sight.
- Customization: Making your own broth means you get to adjust the flavors. Want it to be more herbaceous? Add thyme or rosemary. Prefer a hint of spice? Throw in some peppercorns.
- Full Control over Salt Levels: Many store-bought versions, even those labeled as "low-sodium," can still contain a considerable amount of salt. By making it at home, you control the sodium, allowing your dish's other flavors to shine and ensuring a healthier result.
- Economic: Making chicken broth at home is cost-effective, especially if you use every part of the chicken to make weekly meals.
- Freshness Factor: Nothing beats the taste of fresh homemade chicken broth. The difference in vibrancy and depth of flavor is undeniable.
Whether you're whipping up a soup or a sauce, the broth you choose sets the stage. So, go ahead, and give homemade a shot, or if you're picking one off the shelf, choose wisely.
Check out my poached whole chicken recipe that, next to cups of broth, also promises tender shredded chicken and leftover chicken bones to make potentially homemade chicken stock.
Easy Recipes With Chicken Broth
Dive into the following list of great recipes using chicken broth that turns your meals from mundane to marvelous.
FAQs About Chicken Broth
Got questions about chicken broth? I've got answers!
Water is, well, just water. It offers hydration but no inherent flavor. Chicken broth, on the other hand, infuses dishes with a rich, savory taste.
By choosing broth over water, you're elevating the dish's complexity, transforming a simple meal into something comforting and richer.
While both are close siblings, there's a nuanced difference. Chicken stock is made from simmering chicken bones, resulting in a gelatinous, rich liquid.
Broth, meanwhile, is lighter and is made by simmering chicken meat or a whole chicken. Stock offers a deeper, more robust flavor, whereas broth is often more saline and aromatic.
Chicken broth, in its essence, is a light, thin liquid. Its consistency is similar to water but carries a golden hue and a burst of savory flavor.
However, its thickness can be tailored by reducing it on the stove, transforming it into a more concentrated, slightly thicker version.
For homemade chicken broth, its aromatic charm is best enjoyed within 3-4 days when stored in the fridge.
However, if you're planning on extending its shelf life, consider freezing it. If you're using store-bought chicken broth, the shelf life can vary; so, it's a good idea to check the packaging for specific storage instructions.
Remember, if you're ever in doubt, give it a quick sniff; a sour or off-putting smell is a clear sign it's past its prime.
More Favorite Recipes You Might Like
Chicken broth stands as a game-changer in the kitchen, lending its rich flavors to a vast array of dishes. From simmering soups to delectable mains, cooking with chicken broth infuses meals with that extra touch of depth and warmth.
So next time your dish needs a boost, turn to recipes with chicken broth and watch as it transforms from ordinary to extraordinary.
Don't forget to subscribe to my Monthly Newsletter!
What's your favorite recipe that includes chicken broth? Share in the comments below, and let me know!