This powerful beet juice smoothie also contains lemon, kale, and is naturally sweetened with mango, banana, and refreshing coconut water. A super healthy drink that both kids and adults will love! Make this to sneak in extra vegetables and fruits into your family's diet or whenever your immune system can use a much-needed boost!
WHEN TO ENJOY THIS BEET JUICE SMOOTHIE
This juice smoothie is a very nourishing drink. It is sweet, refreshing, incredibly filling, and only made with fresh vegetables, fruits, and unsweetened coconut water.
- I often rely on this recipe to fight off any cold or flu;
- Or when someone in the family feels extra tired after traveling or due to a bad night;
- From time to time I give it to my daughter—who loves this drink—especially when a lot of kids at school have the sniffles;
- It adds extra nutrients to your diet and gives your immune system a boost after a hard workout, stressful week, or whenever you are plagued with fatigue;
- And best of all, it tastes DELICIOUS!
SOME HEALTH BENEFITS OF THIS BEET JUICE SMOOTHIE
- I first juice the dark leaves of kale and the beetroot. These vegetables are loaded with essential organic minerals that keep your body beautifully hydrated.
- Kale is also loaded with powerful antioxidants and provide a good amount of chlorophyll, which increases your energy and overall wellbeing.
- Besides the many health benefits of beautiful red beetroots, it is known to fight off exhaustion when you feel weak and contains many antioxidants. Drinking it regularly when you are sick or trying to fight off a cold or the flu helps you recover faster.
- Lemon adds extra vitamin C to the juice and the citrus tones down any bitter taste of the kale leaves—it is about balancing the flavors.
- The rich green-red juice is then used as a base to make a creamy smoothie with sweet mango, banana (optional), and coconut water.
- A ripe mango is one of those fruits that digests quickly, is an excellent source of vitamin A, C, and has antiviral properties. It also gives this smoothie a creamy texture and sweet taste. Because let's face it, my kid is not going to consume green kale leave and beetroot juice on its own—you might not either.
- Sometimes I add two mangoes or replace one with a banana. Especially when you suffer from irregular bowel movements due to the stomach flu, the extra fiber in the banana can help.
- Coconut water adds a little sweetness and extra electrolytes. And it helps ward off any dehydration when you are not feeling well, after a hard workout or sauna session.
SIP AND ENJOY
So, why the beautiful glasses? My daughter gets to pick how she wants to drink her juice-smoothie, especially when sick. And she sometimes opts for those fancy cocktail glasses! Nothing says you can't be classy when drinking a beet juice smoothie!!
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- AN ENERGIZING CANTALOUPE-GINGER SMOOTHIE WITH FRESH ALMONDS
- A HEALTHY BANANA TURMERIC SMOOTHIE (DAIRY-FREE)
- THE PERFECT PROTEIN SMOOTHIE TO BOOST ENERGY AND DIGESTIVE HEALTH
- MORNING WELLNESS TONICS: IMMUNE AND ENERGY BOOSTING
- 1 lemon
- 1 large, red beetroot
- 1 bunch of curly green kale (about 1 pound with stems)
- 1 bunch of purple kale (about 1 pound with stems)
- 1 ripe, sweet mango, peeled
- 1 banana (optional), peeled
- 1 or 2 cups of coconut water
- Thoroughly wash the kale, the lemon and the beetroot (don't peel).
- Use a juicer to juice the lemon and the beetroot first, then juice the kale. Transfer the beautiful red, green juice to a blender (like a Vitamix)
- Pour in 1 to 2 cups of coconut water. Add the mango and banana (optional). Blend until you have a beautiful red juice smoothie. Transfer into your cup of choice and enjoy!
The juicer I still use at home: Breville BJE200XL Compact Juice Fountain 700-Watt Juice Extractor