This healthy chocolate Pineapple smoothie is ready in less than 10 minutes and delightfully combines chocolate with tropical flavors.
It's an energy-boosting, protein-packed filling breakfast, or enjoy it as a satisfying post-workout drink.
Why You'll Love This Collagen Smoothie
- It's a quick and easy recipe.
- You only need 5 simple ingredients.
- You'll appreciate its creamy texture.
- Dark chocolate flavors are deliciously infused with pineapple chunks and lemony undertones.
- There is no added sugar, only natural sweetness.
- And it's a healthy way to start your day.
Ingredients & Notes
See the recipe card for full information on ingredients and quantities.
Pineapple: I prefer fresh pineapple chunks, but frozen fruit works just as well.
Lemon: It adds a lovely lemony touch and extra flavor.
Almond milk: Use unsweetened almond milk. Oat and cashew milk are great alternative options, or use a milk of your choice.
Cacao powder: You can also use unsweetened cocoa powder to get that dark chocolate flavor.
Note: pineapple is a delicious fruit and a great addition to dark chocolate flavors. The colder the drink, the more it becomes a fruity smoothie as the sweet and acidic pineapple notes are intensified.
How to Make This Delicious Smoothie
See the full recipe with measurements in the recipe card.
Step 1: Gather the ingredients and place them in a high-speed blender.
Step 2: Blend everything until smooth and frothy.
Step 3: Serve with fresh fruit on the side.
- Don't serve over ice cubes, as it thins out the smoothie's consistency.
- For a colder experience on warmer days, use frozen pineapple chunks or allow the drink to cool first in the fridge.
- Pineapple wedges and a sprinkle of extra cacao powder are my favorite garnishes.
Either enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for up to 2 days.
When Best to Enjoy This Drink
- For Breakfast: It's one of those creamy smoothies you can enjoy as a healthy breakfast.
- Next time you need an energy boost: It's also a delicious way to add grams of protein to your diet.
- As a pick-me-up snack: quickly make this chocolate pineapple smoothie anytime you need a refreshment.
More smoothies & drinks you might like
Don't forget to subscribe to my Monthly Newsletter!
Your shares and ratings are valuable to me and so much appreciated. It'll help me create more content you and others can enjoy!
Chocolate Pineapple Smoothie with CollagenMariska Ramondino
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple or frozen pineapple (about 293 grams or ½ of one small pineapple).
- ½ lemon, peeled
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder 8 grams
- 2 tablespoons collagen powder 0.35 ounces or 10 grams
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk 500 ml
- Blend everything in a (high-speed) blender (like a Vitamix) until frothy and smooth. Enjoy!
Add your own private notes
Whenever you come back to this recipe, you’ll be able to see your notes.
Nutrition (% Daily value)
Disclaimer: This nutritional data is calculated using third party tools and is only intended as a reference.