With only four ingredients, whip up this rich, and finger-licking avocado dessert in no time. Its creamy and smooth texture melts in your mouth, and fresh fruits such as peaches, pineapple or raspberries complete this decadent treat. An avocado chocolate pudding that is not only delicious but also nutritious!
MAKE THIS SIMPLE CHOCOLATEY PEANUT BUTTER AVOCADO DESSERT FOR ANY OCCASION
Well, let's face it, a creamy dessert with avocados as a base was long overdue on this blog. When Spread the Love Foods—a small company that makes delicious artisan nut butter and jams— did a peanut butter recipe contest on Instagram, I decided to join and experiment with their products. This avocado chocolate pudding and my chia seeds pudding were the chosen winners. Along with sharing the recipe on the blog, I also get to offer you a 20% discount on all Spread the Love goods in case you like to try it (affiliate link with code MARISKA20).
But you can make this incredibly satisfying treat with any of your favorite peanut butter. And the best part, this dessert is ready in 10 minutes. Which makes this a perfect dessert for when you want something deliciously luxurious, healthy, yet have little time to prepare.
4-INGREDIENT AVOCADO CHOCOLATE PUDDING
There are only four simple ingredients in this treat, and the suggested amount of each in this recipe is just right to achieve that smooth balance between peanut butter and chocolate flavor. So what's in it?
Avocado: You only need one to create a smooth pudding-like texture. There is no knowing that this nutritious fruit is in this dessert unless, of course, you made it. Go for a ripe and ready to eat avocado—one that feels slightly soft to the touch when applying a gentle pressure but is not mushy.
Cocoa powder: there is no real chocolate in this avocado dessert; instead, the dark chocolate flavor comes from cocoa powder—healthy and delicious. It would be best if you add at least half a cup; otherwise, the nut butter might overpower this dessert.
Peanut Butter: peanut butter adds a super creamy and nutty texture that makes this mousse or pudding mouthwatering. Go for one that is salty if you love that play between sweet and salty flavors. And since everything goes into a blender or food processor, it does not matter whether you use one with a creamy or crunchy texture.
Maple Syrup: you can substitute this with honey (non-vegan) or agave if you prefer. And add a bit more if you like this treat on the sweeter side or a little less for a darker chocolatey taste.
Plant milk (optional): only add this if you want your pudding texture to be a bit lighter. I suggest tasting it first without the milk, and if the avocado mousse is a bit too rich for you, then add some plant milk to thin it out.
DRESS UP YOUR HEALTHY DESSERT AND GET CREATIVE
I am not going to tell you to refrain from topping it off with some coconut whipped cream. But, in my opinion, this pudding is already luxurious enough that it needs something refreshing to complement it — fresh fruits like raspberries, peaches, or pineapple will do the trick. And if you layer them into the chocolate avocado mousse, you'll get that refreshing bite in between. Besides, a few fruit slices on top with some fresh mint leaves make for a beautiful garnish as well, and it smells heavenly.
This recipe is also an excellent base for creativity. So feel free to play around with some ingredients and make it your own. Here are a few suggestions:
- add vanilla extract or throw some mint leaves in the blender as well;
- use different nuts,
- change up the fruits with frozen bananas or oranges;
- garnish with coconut flakes;
- or use the pudding as a fruit dip.
- These are just a few suggestions.
From time to time, I love using nut butter or cocoa powder to create delicious treats. Like my Feel Good Cookies, you don't want to miss those. And if you love a good chocolate flavor, then try my flourless brownies, cocoa-chocolate Mint Ice Pops, or my cocoa smoothies. Enjoy!
This delicious chocolate mousse with avocado, peanut butter, and cocoa powder is heavenly creamy! Add some fresh fruits like pineapple, peaches, or berries, and you have yourself one delicious and easy to make dessert. Plus, you can easily customize the recipe and use it as an excellent base for creativity. This recipe is also Vegan-friendly!
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cup organic cocoa powder
- ¾ cup salted creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup flax milk (or any other non-dairy milk)—optional
- 3 cups of varied fresh fruits such as peaches and pineapple, thinly sliced and each slice cut into smaller pieces or raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Place all ingredients, except for the fruits and the mint, in a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and combined into a creamy dark cocoa mousse (about one minute.)
- In 6 small serving glasses, add some raspberries at the bottom. Cover the berries with one or two tablespoons of the cocoa mousse. Then continue to layer with peaches or pineapple slices, followed by another layer of the avocado mousse until full. Top off with extra fruit slices and mint to garnish.
- Chill for about 30 minutes before serving. Best when enjoyed the same day, but will keep in the fridge up to a few days!