I love making this healthy, hearty shrimp dish made with just a few ingredients that quickly comes together—perfect for lunch or busy weeknights!
I think you will enjoy this healthy dish. It is hearty, filling, and ready in less than 30 minutes.
You can use either fresh or frozen shrimp. If frozen, fast thaw the shrimp by placing the fish in a bowl and submerge in water. I let them sit for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then run cold water through the shrimp, move the shrimp around with your hands, and allow the last remaining pieces of ice to thaw.
I use salt, pepper, garlic, and sesame seeds to flavor the shrimp and cook them in coconut oil to enhance the natural sweetness of the shellfish.
When cooking the shrimp, the sesame seeds will get nicely toasted in the skillet. Allow to cool down the dish a little before tossing them together with the fatty avocados.
You can serve it with your favorite lentil or corn chips, but I suggest complementing this recipe with sweet romaine lettuce leaves.
Fill the green leaves with the sesame shrimp-avocado mixture, and this becomes a satisfying and healthy recipe, perfect for a quick lunch or light dinner.
Sesame Garlic Shrimp with AvocadoMariska Ramondino
- 25 - 30 wild-caught shrimp peeled
- Salt and pepper
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil divided
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 2 avocados peeled and coarsely chopped
- Romaine lettuce leaves or your favorite lentil chips
- Pat dry the shrimp and place them in a large bowl. Season to taste with some salt and pepper. Coat the shrimp with three tablespoons of coconut oil and the sesame seeds. Toss to combine.
- In a large skillet, heat up three tablespoons of coconut oil over medium heat. Add the garlic. Cook and stir the garlic for about 10 seconds. Add in the shrimps and all the sesame seeds. Continue to cook and stir for about 4 to 5 minutes, or until the shrimp are pink and opaque; the sesame seeds are light brown and slightly toasted. Remove from the stove and allow it to cool down a little for about 5 minutes.
- Place the avocados in a serving bowl and transfer all the content from the skillet into the bowl as well. Toss to combine the avocado with the sesame shrimp and garlic.
- Serve with sweet romaine lettuce leaves or your favorite lentil or tortilla chips.
Add your own private notes
Whenever you come back to this recipe, you’ll be able to see your notes.
Nutrition (% Daily value)
Disclaimer: This nutritional data is calculated using third party tools and is only intended as a reference.